If you’ve ever been stuck in a rut of inertia before, you probably know the sense of helpless futility that takes over your life. You want your life to change, but you feel powerless to do anything about it yourself. You may find yourself constantly making plans to improve your life, but never quite getting around to taking action because it seems so intimidating.
Though taking action can intimidate and frighten you, it can also empower you! If you learn to use it effectively, it can provide the fuel to keep you moving forward toward more fulfilling life circumstances. When you do this, you realize that there was never anything to fear in the first place, and you’ll never get stuck again!
Below are three simple steps that show you how to get started:
1) First, be sure you understand that your life is the way it is right now because of your hesitation in taking action! This is important, because you’ll understand the importance of moving forward no matter how anxious it makes you feel at first.
- 7 Simple Steps to Get More Out of Your Day
- 5 Great Ways To Start A Super Conversation In A Group Situation
- How Hobbies Improve Your Personal Life
- Common Mistakes Made By Those Looking to Dress for Success
- Have you read “Are You Dating a Liar?”
Then, decide on one action to take to get the ball rolling. Think about your life right now, and ask yourself which situations you want to change first. You might choose your career, relationships, health, financial situation, or anything else that makes you feel powerless and stuck. Then think about one simple action you can take to inspire some positive change. It doesn’t have to be a huge action, just SOMETHING to start building momentum.
2) Once you’ve decided on your action step, you’ll have to push yourself to take it no matter what! This may seem incredibly difficult or even scary, but remember that most often the things you fear are not going to happen. In fact, you may not even have a clear reason for feeling scared – you’re just afraid of the “unknown”. Give yourself a pep talk or push yourself in any way you have to in order to move forward at least a little bit. After you take that first step, be sure to let go of any expectations of the things that will happen because of it, and allow yourself to feel great simply because you did something about it!
Would you like to tap into your full potential? Discover the 99 questions that can help you realize the superhuman in you.
This workbook will help you:
- Discover your latent talents and hidden strengths
- Learn how to create instant emotions of happiness and abundance
- Improve every area of your life
- Tap into unlimited source of power
- Create a future you like
99 Questions to Self is a comprehensive self-development workbook. If you like modern, practical, and interactive books, then you’ll love Manhardeep Singh’s self-help workbook.
Buy 99 Questions to Self to start your journey of self-discovery today!
3) Repeat with the same step, and/or others. Once you’ve taken one step forward, you’ll need to keep pushing yourself to take others. Consider this: Even if you take a hundred small steps in a month, you’ll be putting forth positive effort to make changes in your life, which cannot help but bring about better circumstances!
The good news is that taking action quickly begins to build momentum. Just as chronic non-action can create a cycle of negativity and stagnation over time, being proactive can create a positive cycle that continues to grow! It gets easier the more you do it, which eventually makes it seem almost effortless – and you continue to empower and strengthen yourself with every step you take.