With the hustle and bustle of our everyday lives, we can often find ourselves yearning for a quieter, simpler way of living. If your life has come to resemble an endless race to the finish line, take a look at the suggestions below to bring a greater sense of calm and simplicity back into your life.
1) Less is more. It’s amazing how much “stuff” we can accumulate in our homes because we think they’ll contribute to our lives. It’s true that we gain enjoyment from material possessions, but the more we accumulate the more burdened we often feel. Eventually we find ourselves living under a constant cloud of confusion, scattered thoughts and stress.
Begin immediately to clear out the material possessions you no longer need or want, and donate them to a local charitable organization. This will accomplish two things: first, you’ll feel lighter and less cramped in your home; and you’ll also feel good about giving these items to people who can actually use them.
- POWER: We want it. We have it. We DON’T use it.
- Inspirational Thought For The Day
- Build Confidence with Strategies that Really Work
- The Aura of Organizing
2) Pare down your activities. An active life is good for you, but not if it leaves you feeling stressed and fatigued! Most of us take on much more than necessary as far as obligations and even recreational activities are concerned.
Take a few minutes to think about the things you do on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Do you really need to do all of them? Have you taken on responsibilities that really aren’t yours? Are you spending time on activities you no longer enjoy? Make a list of at least a few activities or obligations that you can eliminate, and then go ahead and do so – even if you have to pare them down gradually.
Are you looking for messages meant for you?
These 99 messages will enhance and widen the horizons of your life.
The messages are delivered one at a time over a period of 99 days.
Reading this book will help you:
• Remain positive in any situation
• Become unstoppable in front of resistance
• Handle opposition and criticism constructively
• Discover your ultimate source of power
• Realize the meaning of existence on earth
99 Messages to Self is an intriguing self-help book in the 99 for self series. If you like inspirational, easy to understand, thought-provoking books, then you’ll love this insightful book.
Buy 99 Messages to Self and start your journey of self-improvement today!
3) Spend time in silence. A deceptively simple way to live a life of simplicity and ease is to shut out the mental and physical “noise” of your busy life on a regular basis. Sitting in silence for just a few minutes can drastically reduce your stress levels and leave you feeling calm, centered and happy.
If you live near a park or natural setting, you can even boost the effectiveness of this activity by spending time in nature. While not completely silent, natural settings have soothing sounds like running water, singing birds and wind sighing through trees – which automatically trigger feelings of peace and well-being.
When it comes right down to it, living a simpler life is about learning how to slow down and connect more deeply with your inner self. Whether you do that by simplifying your surroundings, calming your schedule or enjoying a quiet respite each day, the result is the same – a happier and more peaceful you!