1. Write down one goal that you want to achieve. Let’s not make this the grand goal of your life, something achievable in six months or so.
2. Write down the feeling you will have when you achieve that goal…Ex. (alive, energetic, sexy, accomplished, powerful.)
3. Write down when you will achieve the goal.
I ask you, what is your goal? Did you say what you wrote from #1? Great, but NO, that is not your goal. #1 is never your goal, #1 is just a strategy to get #2. THAT IS YOUR GOAL, to feel a certain way.
What we really want is the feeling that we experience (#2) when we accomplish that strategy (#1). The wonderful part about this is that you can choose to have that feeling anytime you want to have it! I don’t want to ask what you put for #3, because that tells me that you are putting feeling: alive, energetic, sexy, or whatever you said as #2, in the future. You are not allowing yourself to have it in the present moment. It’s funny because I will do this with my coaching clients and their perspective of thinking turns right around.
- BOOK SPOTLIGHT – 99 QUESTIONS TO SELF
- What is Important in Life?
- Why You Need a Success Mindset
- Use The Power Of Your Thoughts
- Thoughts in Self Mastery
QUESTIONS TO THINK ABOUT…
What are we doing by denying our self this feeling?
How does it affect us?
How about allowing yourself to have that feeling of #2, and taking action on your goal right now? That will help accomplish what you are setting out to do. You now know that you can have that feeling anytime, it does not have to be attached to a strategy. What you hopefully have realized is what we do when we procrastinate or sit on an ambition. We are denying our-self the feeling that we want to feel because we think it is tied to a strategy. If you think about it, we give ourselves, very often, the feelings that we experience on a daily basis. We decide how we are going to feel, and then we live into it.
Write down a feeling or excuse associated with not working out? ___________ We have now DECIDED that we are too _ to workout and we live into it, rationalize it, and buy our own excuses!! What happens to your goals when YOU decide to live into the feeling of _ that you wrote above? They get put on hold and NOTHING HAPPENS.
Imagine what would happen if EVERY morning you woke up and decided to feel what you wrote for #2? No more excuses in thinking about the strategy, let’s feel our goal every day so we can create action.
If your goal is to feel SEXY because the strategy is to lose 20 lbs…it may be quite hard to really feel sexy when you don’t. I suggest however that the only reason you don’t feel sexy is that you BELIEVE you don’t. In order to own this feeling and make it real, we must practice feeling it every moment, every day to master it.
Are you tired of motivating people or staying motivated? Start seeing motivation like never before concept with a single shift in perspective.
The Ultimate Book of Motivation will help you:
• Take responsibility for your life
• Be unstoppable on the face of failure
• Turn self-defeating thoughts around
• Change your outlook on life
• Motivate anyone to do anything
Buy The Ultimate Book of Motivation to start motivating today.
1. On a blank piece of paper, write in large letters the word “EXPERIENCE.” Below it write in large letters what you wrote for #2.
2. Make copies and put it everywhere to remind yourself of the feeling you want on a regular basis. Bathroom mirror, bedside, refrigerator, car, office. We are setting our self up to win.
3. Before you go to bed, starting tonight, ask yourself…What are the top 2 things I wish to do tomorrow, in order to Experience the feeling I wrote? You need paper and pen by your bed…DON’T go to sleep without doing this or I will haunt you all night!! Write down the two actions and WHEN you will do them. If you have a day planner, that is the best “piece of paper” to write them on. Remember, in order to make success a habit and own this feeling, we must practice every day so we master it.
4. When you wake up, 1st thing, read your actions for the day and the Experience “_” poster you made…DECIDE to embrace this feeling TODAY. Because yesterday is gone, and tomorrow will never come… so all we have is what we feel NOW.