Let’s face it! Many people just seem to have great difficulty in saying “no” or denying any favor asked from them. As a result, they often find themselves trapped in the middle of nowhere because of their own hastened decision or acceptance of an unfavorable task – just because at one particular point in their life, they were afraid to say “no.”
For those who are constantly faced with this problem, the following tips will prove to be useful.
- Do not occupy yourself with things that do not concern you.
If you habitually engage in something you hardly know anything about, you are making your situation far worse than the one who does nothing at all. On the other hand, some people seem to get satisfaction by intervening in other people’s business. Always be alert and possess utmost care to ensure that no one meddles in your own affairs. Good moderation in all areas of life will be helpful in the end.
- Bipolar Depression
- Andropause and Depression
- Anxiety Attacks
- BOOK LAUNCH – The Book of Sarcastic Oneliners
- A Double-sided Coin
- Decide first whether a task is worth your precious time.
Just a simple thought: If it will just eat your time away from the more important things you consider in your life, then it’s not worth your time. Period.
- Avoid incurring obligations beyond your capacity.
Instead, nurture your skills and abilities for the time being. There will come a right time for you to step up; and when that perfect moment arrives, waste no opportunity. But as long as you are not sure of the outcome, say “no” for the meantime especially if the favor will just derail your strategy.
Ready to take yourself to the next level? Find 101 ways that can work as a launchpad. These nuggets are delivered to you one page at a time. Implement it, see the result, repeat!
These nuggets can help you:
• Be goal-driven vs emotion-driven
• Be strong on the face of criticism
• Handle difficult situations smoothly
• Increase likability among peers
• Be irresistibly charismatic
Buy 101 Nuggets for Life to take every area of your life to the next level today!
- It is always harder to come out well from an incurred undesirable obligation than to avoid the embarrassing situation of not committing yourself from the very start.
It is a judgment test for anyone. Ask this question to yourself, “Do I want to avoid them or conquer them?
- If you have to think, take a break and take your time.
Matters that can cause an adverse change in your life require a lot of thinking. There are times when people act on first impulse, on what they feel and think at that very instant. Certainly, this is not always the case.
Although less commonly known to people, acquiring tasks (no matter how simple they may seem) is synonymous to putting your honor at stake once you allow yourself to be involved. Be sure that when you put your name and honor on the line, everything will end up well.
It takes as much courage for a person to earn a responsibility as to deny it. Whatever you decide on, always keep in mind that there is nothing wrong in saying “no.” When in doubt, it may even be the best thing to do.