Have you ever been curious about your future? Have you ever called a phone psychic to get some answers?
If you wonder how “psychics” work, read on. This article is for you.
Most “psychics” are plain scammers. They use cold reading to make calculated guess about the sitters. Cold reading is an interactive psychological technique which extracts information from a person through verbal and non verbal cues. More often than not, psychics utilize known psychology techniques that can apply to almost anyone. An example would be claiming the sitter is cursed and he or she could lift that curse for a fee, because most people visit a psychic when they are down and depressed, “being cursed” is a quick, convenient reason to blame. Paying the fee to lift the curse would be the quickest solution to their complicated life problems.
There seems to be several common factors in psychic readings. The psychic usually:
• Skillfully extracts information from non verbal cues such as breathing patterns, voice, dress, skin color, and body language.
• Makes statements that seem to give information when they are actually out to fish for it. E.g. Prompts feedback from sitters by saying “I see a man in uniform, why would that be?”
• Feeds back to the subject what the latter wants to hear.
• Makes general “Barnum statements” such as “You are worrisome on the outside but insecure on the inside.”
- Bipolar Depression
- Andropause and Depression
- Anxiety Attacks
- BOOK LAUNCH – The Book of Sarcastic Oneliners
- A Double-sided Coin
The sitter of the reading is the key to a ‘successful’ reading. The sitter’s willingness to connect vague ‘clues’ came up by the psychic will often decide how successful the reading is. Many sitters who try to contact their deceased loved ones are very motivated in the first place, and will take the psychic’s message as a sign that he or she have made contact with the other side. That is why psychics subtly encourage cooperation before and during the reading. Once the psychic gains the trusts of the sitter, the latter usually actively supply information and clarifications.
Although facial expressions and body languages could mean differently to people from different cultural backgrounds, many psychologists believe that certain facial and body expressions are universal to the mankind.
Are you tired of motivating people or staying motivated? Start seeing motivation like never before concept with a single shift in perspective.
The Ultimate Book of Motivation will help you:
• Take responsibility for your life
• Be unstoppable on the face of failure
• Turn self-defeating thoughts around
• Change your outlook on life
• Motivate anyone to do anything
Buy The Ultimate Book of Motivation to start motivating today.
How to tell dominance: People who dominates have a tenancy to stand up with an erected body, speaks slowly and rarely, and look people in their eyes for an extended period of time. Because of the demonstrated link between testosterone and aggression, people with square jaws (testosterone induced feature) are thought as more domineering and aggressive.
How to tell submissiveness: Submissive people touches themselves a lot when they are confronted with a difficult situation. This is because human have an inborn mechanism acquired very early on in life to link physical touching with comfort and safety.
Most important to keep in mind: Real, powerful psychics don’t advertise on the back of a supermarket magazine and do readings for $1.99.